- Vendor Search
- Intro Webinars
- Best Practices
- Resources for Public Agencies
Use Reusables Grants
The Use Reusable Grant Cycle is closed. A new grant cycle will open in spring 2020. Use Reusable Grants provide between $500 and $10,000 to help organizations switch to reusable transport packaging or purchase equipment to rescue surplus edible food. To learn more and view or download the application (fillable PDF), click here.
A new grant cycle will open in spring 2020.
Questions? Review the FAQ below or contact us at Reusables@StopWaste.Org.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Apply?
- Applications will only be accepted when the grant cycle is open. The grant cycle is closed, check back in the spring of 2020 for the next grant cycle.
- Download the application packet (fillable PDF) which includes the application form on pages 3-6. Open the file, preferable in Acrobat Reader (free download here), to type directly into the form, or print, complete and scan the form. Email the completed document to Reusables@StopWaste.org. StopWaste will contact applicants if more information is needed.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of the review process and StopWaste's decisions. Selected appliants are notified of the grant award and work with StopWaste staff to finalize project scope.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for a UR grant, you must be an incorporated private company, non-profit organization, public agency, or institution and in compliance with all U.S. federal, state and local land use, regulatory and permit requirements.
Which Projects Are Eligible?
Projects of all sizes will be considered. To be eligible, your project must:
- Be implemented within six months of contract start date; and
- Reduce waste in Alameda County by implementing a reusable transport packaging and/or temperature controlled food storage equipment project; and
- Include documentation that someone within the organization has current Safe Serve Certification or Safe Food Handling certification (Food Storage Equipment grants only).
How Are Funds Allocated?
Award requests between $500 and $10,000 will be considered. Grant monies can be used to fund equipment costs, labor costs, and other costs that are essential to the implementation of the project, such as educational materials for employees or customers.
For more information, please email Reusables@StopWaste.Org.