- Vendor Search
- Intro Webinars
- Best Practices
- Resources for Public Agencies
Use Reusables Grants
Use Reusables (UR) Grants help organizations incorporate reusable packaging into their manufacturing, transport and/or distribution systems. UR Grant cycles are typically open in spring and fall of each year. The last grant cycle closed on March 15, 2018. Sign up for email notifications or check back in September 2018. You can review the last grant cycle’s info packet (PDF) and application form (Word).
Questions? Review the FAQ below or contact us at Reusables@StopWaste.Org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for a UR grant, you must be an incorporated private company, non-profit organization, public agency, or institution and in compliance with all U.S. federal, state and local land use, regulatory and permit requirements.
Which Projects Are Eligible?
Projects of all sizes will be considered. To be eligible, your project must:
- replace single- or limited-use transport packaging with durable pallets or bins, reusable pallet-wrap, expanded use of intermediate bulk containers (IBCs) or other reusable transport packaging solutions;
- be implemented within six months of application, or have been implemented in the six months prior to application; and
- fit one of the following descriptions:
- The project demonstrates the ability to prevent waste in Alameda County during the course of project implementation, OR
- The project is a pilot located outside of Alameda County, with the intent or potential to replicate it to realize benefits to Alameda County, should the pilot be successful, OR
- The project demonstrates that the materials/products being shipped in the transport packaging have an end destination in Alameda County.
How Are Funds Allocated?
Award requests of up to $5,000 will be considered. Grant monies can be used to fund equipment costs, labor costs, and other costs that are essential to the implementation of the project, such as educational materials for employees or customers.
For more information, please email Reusables@StopWaste.Org.